Monday, March 18, 2024

The Princess of Las Vegas by Chris Bohjalian

Chris Bohjalian is one of my favorite authors,  so I was excited to get an early copy of his next book.  I started out thinking that this was far and away from anything he's written before and I had trouble getting into it as I'm not really into following the royals, tech and cryptocurrency. But this author just has a way of drawing you in to find out what happens next. There were so many parts of the plot going on throughout the story that seemingly had no connection but as both Crissy and Betsy are unwittingly drawn in and the pieces start to fall together, I was intrigued. I like the way the story is set up as if telling the story after the fact by Crissy. I also liked Marisa, Betsy's 13-year-old adopted daughter and the role she played in the story.  This was not my favorite of his books,  but still a great story. 
Thanks to Doubleday Books through Netgalley for the advance copy of this book. The opinions in this review are my own and given voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...