Monday, February 5, 2024

The Women by Kristin Hannah

With each new historical fiction novel she writes, I love Kristin Hannah even more! And this book was by far my favorite. If I could give this book ten stars I would! The story put me through the emotional wringer: from the gruesome wounds and lost soldiers Frankie saw as a nurse in the operating tents in Vietnam, often under attack herself, then the shocking reality of coming home to a changed America where the returning soldiers are blamed and even hated for a war they never wanted. Her struggles with PTSD were heartbreaking and hard to read. I thought the story was well researched and beautifully written, most of the story sad and heartbreaking but leaving the reader with a sense of hope at the end. I highly recommend this book to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...