Thursday, January 11, 2024

Original Blood: Echoes of Shadows by Stuart Land

Zondra has always felt different, adopted as an orphan, seeing and feeling things others don't and being approached by curious strangers about her odd birthmark. Everything changes one day when she falls through the ice and dies only to reawaken in the hospital to a stranger by her bedside claiming to be her guardian. As visions of the past start to make things clear, they only create more questions that noone in her new life will answer. She now has powers that she never knew as she's dragged unwillingly farther into the vampire world. The connection she feels towards the vampire in her visions, her grandmother Gailene, gets ever stronger as she starts to feel like she's lost parts of herself. And always there is Jeremiah, who Zondra feels an unexplained pull toward and seems to be the key to everything.

The gorgeous cover of this book drew me in, but I was quickly fascinated and pulled into this story as parts of the past and present were woven together seamlessly. Just like for Zondra, each memory only leaves me with more questions and I'm left crushed by the fact that I have to wait for the next part of the story!! This is easily the best paranormal fantasy I've read in awhile! Five stars, I highly recommend!

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...