Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Last Night by Luanne Rice

I didn't realize when I started this book that it was the second book about detective Conor Reid and his girlfriend Kate. At the beginning of the book he's debating how to propose on the beach during a snowstorm and it's not until later that parts of their history are revealed as a way to help comfort Hadley, the grieving sister in this book. I didn't feel like anything was missing though by jumping right into the second book. The chapters alternate perspectives between characters, even CeCe the missing child, as clues start to add up. It was a good mystery and I loved the setting of a Rhode Island beach hotel during a blizzard which added more difficulty and suspense to the case.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...