Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Gone Tonight by Sarah Pekkanen

At twenty-four, Catherine Sterling is still living with her mother Ruth. It has always been the two of them, dependent on each other. But now Catherine is ready to spread her wings and start her new job in Baltimore. But the more plans she makes, the harder her mother clings to her. Ruth has always been secretive about her past but when she accidentally lets a small truth out one night, Catherine starts to doubt if her whole life isn't a lie. 
I kept my description deliberately vague because I think it's best to go into the story blind. As the truth unfolds, I was frantically flipping pages to discover the next twist. This book is a wild ride! And the epilogue left me wondering what will happen long after the story ends.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...