Thursday, July 13, 2023

Dead of Winter by Darcy Coates

Yet again, Darcy Coates proves why she's one of my favorite horror authors with this new claustrophobic "locked room" style thriller that sent shivers down my spine in the middle of summer. Seriously...I expected to see a blizzard outside when I could pull my nose out of my book!!
Christa never expected to feel so close to Kiernan after only months, but when he invites her on an exclusive trip to a lodge in the Rocky Mountains, she fully expects him to propose. But things start to go wrong before they even reach the lodge when a tree falls across the road and the snow is falling heavy. While their tour group is busy clearing the way, Kiernan leads her off exploring and they lose their way, becoming separated when Christa falls from a cliff. Injured and freezing, she stumbles through the storm until she finds the small abandoned hunting cabin where the rest of the group are also sheltering. When they wake the next morning, their tour guide is dead, his severed head impaled on a tree outside. With the storm raging outside and a group of complete strangers inside, one of them a killer, Christa can trust no one. There is no escape and the killer is far from done...
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...