Sunday, May 7, 2023

Dissolution by W. Michael Gear

I've read several of this author's early North American series and love the level of detail and imagination he puts in his writing,  but this book was completely different from what I expected.  I love apocalyptic books and this one just blew me away! Our main character,  Sam Delgado, is a graduate on a research trip that he plans to use as the topic of his dissertation.  Along with his classmates,  they're headed to a ranch in Wyoming that's agreed to host their trip,  providing supplies and horses to travel to the archeological site where they'll do mapping and testing. Their first idea that something's wrong comes when they stop at a gas station accepting cash only.  Being a holiday weekend,  they assume everything will be fixed the next week and continue on. Being in the wilderness with very little reception, they continue to be oblivious until some ranch hands come to tell them that the country has been hit by a cyberattack and the nation has descended into chaos.  
I'm so glad this book is only the first in a series! I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...