Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Backup Plan by Jill Shalvis

Alice grew up in Sunrise Cove, helping her dad restore cars and run the race team for the Last Chance Inn, a wild west B&B that was the setting for a popular TV show. After a tragic accident ripped her life apart, she left and never looked back. But now Eleanor, the woman who'd always felt like a mother to her, had died and left her a share of the inn along with her ex-best-friend Lauren, and her childhood crush Knox. They're required to stay and fix up the inn for a month before a management company can take over and run it. All three have issues with each other and it's going to take some ground rules to keep the peace. But as the month goes on, every rule is broken as they each face their demons from the past. But what will happen when the month is up?
This was a sweet small town romance. I think out of all the characters, I disliked Alice the most. She was so negative and bitter through most of the book and I was just frustrated with her attitude. Knox definitely made up for it with his steady character, cheerful attitude, and funny banter. I haven't read the first two books in the series, but I didn't have any trouble falling into the story. I can definitely be read as a standalone. 
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...