Monday, August 15, 2022

Overkill by Sandra Brown

I've been a big fan of Sandra Brown since I was a lonely introverted teenager discovering romance novels for the first time.  And since she made the switch to romantic suspense, her writing has gotten even better.  I was so excited to receive an ARC of her newest book,  Overkill, to review before publication! 
Zach Bridger, former NFL superstar quarterback, first hears of the violent assault on the news,  then he gets a call.  He is still listed as his ex- wife's  medical power of attorney and has to make the decision to take her off life support. Faced with accusations and speculation from the media,  Zach leaves the decision up to her parents.  Now four years later, he's being dragged back in.  Rebecca's attacker has been released early and the only way for Rebecca to get true justice is for her to die so Eban can be charged with murder. Now the media spotlight is on him again,  putting his own life in danger. 
This story left my emotions all wrung out. I can't even imagine facing that kind of decision,  especially with pressure from Rebecca's family and the media.  I was a little disappointed in Kate's character.  Although she originally brought Zach back into the case,  she didn't really feature much in the story,  just seemed more of a side character.  Zach was the true hero of the story.  The romance was just enough and didn't overpower the suspense. Overall I really liked this book and will recommend it to my friends.
 I received an advance reader copy of this book. The views and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own and given voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...