Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Ex-Husband by Karen Hamilton

Set sail aboard a cruise ship to the Caribbean with Charlotte and Sam, where they work as crew and swindle the rich out of cash and jewelry, until they're ultimately found out. Sam sets her up for the blame,  leaving an expensive piece of jewelry in her luggage to be searched,  before he leaves the ship without her.   Now,  years later,  she's started her own business and is trying to live honestly earning her own money. But someone has started threatening her and Sam that they know the truth,  and ominous texts from her ex warning her of danger have her on edge... even more when they stop. She takes a job on an exclusive cruise ship only to realize that the threats are continuing on board.  Which passenger knows her secrets? Will she make it through the cruise alive?
I found the main character Charlotte greedy and shallow,  but as a con artist, I'm not really expected to like her to enjoy a good thriller story.  The cruise ship full of wealthy passengers was the perfect setting for this swindling couple,  their stories of love and tragedy perfect to open people's wallets. I enjoyed this adventurous whodunit while the temperature outside my own home is near zero and I'm cuddled up with my blankie and a hot drink wishing I was basking in the sun on a cruise myself!
I received an advance reader copy of this book.  The views and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own and given voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...