Thursday, September 2, 2021

Dark Roads by Chevy Stevens

This story is based on decades of true cold case missing and murdered indigenous women in British Columbiaon the Highway of Tears. In Dark Roads,  the town is Cold Creek. Women in the town are warned against traveling this highway after dark.  After her father's tragic death in a car accident,  Hailey is forced to live with her aunt and uncle.  When her uncle Vaugn, a town cop,  becomes increasingly stern and controlling, and Hailey discovers a truly disturbing secret,  she is forced to escape.
Beth is the sister of one of the victims.  Unlike her super religious parents,  she can't seem to let the case go cold.  Determined to find answers,  she travels to Cold Creek to work in the diner Amber worked in. Will she finally discover what happened to Amber or become a victim herself?
I loved this thriller! I honestly couldn't put it down.  It's so creepy and disturbing that I found myself constantly watching over my shoulder after dark and jumping at shadows. 
I received an advance reader copy of this book through NetGalley and St. Martin's Press.  My review is given voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...