Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Hour of the Witch by Chris Bohjalian

Chris Bohjalian created another winner! I've loved every book of his that I've read so far and this one was no exception. His characters are fascinating and the story is still playing in my head long after I finished it. Mary Deerfield, a young Puritan woman, second wife to a man twice her age, is victim to his alcoholic rages. She seeks a divorce, but due to circumstances surrounding his most violent attack, the court focuses more on the accusations of witchcraft. In a male- dominated society, and with no witnesses to his cruelty, is there any chance to escape him without landing her in the noose?
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...