Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is really great! But the first short story "the Veldt" gave me the shivers. The book was published in 1951 but almost perfectly describes today's smart home. The children are raised by the technology in the home with no love for their real parents. And when that technology is threatened. ..yikes! The rest of the short stories combine to make the main story of the illustrated man come alive. 
I'm reading The Haunting of Brynn Wilder with its own illustrated man and this book was mentioned several times. So I put the Haunting down for a bit to read Bradbury. Now to finish my original book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...