Thursday, December 17, 2020

My new Kindle Oasis (Purchased Black Fri 2020)

Perfect book cover to describe the time of year I bought my Kindle, and the horribly imperfect year I bought it in,  right?!


I'd been looking at a Kindle Oasis for over a year, but with the $250 price tag and a paperwhite that still worked, I couldn't justify spending the money.  But as the year went on and I found my downloads getting slower and slower on my old one,  the Black Friday price of $174 sounded more reasonable to me. My nursing home paid us a rather small bonus for putting our own lives at risk dealing with covid. After actually contracting it the week before Thanksgiving,  I felt I more than earned a little present for myself out of that bonus. My tired and overworked Paperwhite retired to my sister in law's house,  where it will live on with a life of ease after my constant overuse (seriously! 218 books read and still counting this year alone).
I love the larger screen and I have my page turn buttons back that I loved on my original Kindle.  But...the battery life is exaggerated.  The 4 week battery life was based on a mere 30 minutes a day. What average reader would only spend a few minutes on their kindle a day, yet pay $250. AND the 4 weeks is based on turning the light completely off, the touchscreen off, airplane mode on...well, you get the picture. All the extra features I bought it for, I have to turn off or the battery is crap.
Don't get me wrong, other than the battery life, I am in love! The reading experience is phenomenal. Overall I'm very satisfied,  but maybe that's one thing they can improve on for the price they charge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If Something Happens to Me by Alex Finlay

It's been five years since the night Allison was taken, Ryan's only memory of the car door yanked open, then blackness until he wok...