Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Hangman's Secret by Laura Joh Rowland

The Hangman's Secret (Victorian Mystery #3)The Hangman's Secret by Laura Joh Rowland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't realize when I started this book that it was third in a series. Some of the character histories and previous events in the books were mentioned at first, but the book can still be read as a stand-alone Victorian mystery.
When the hangman is found murdered, a contest begins between the London police force and Daily World reporters to see who can solve the crime first. Crime photographer Sarah Bain and her two friends, Hugh and Mick put themselves in danger to follow the clues.
I like the author's writing style and I'm interested in reading the first two books in the series, especially the one about Jack the Ripper. The character Amelia's story sounded familiar to me because it's based on an actual serial killer in Victorian Britain. Thank you to Laura Joh Rowland, Crooked Lane Books, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extinction by Douglas Preston

Erebus Resort in the Colorado Rockies has discovered a way to de-extinct several Pleistocene era mammals including the wooly mammoth through...